2019 Rules

Nature Boy Jlit

Staff member
One of the best explanations of the new penalty area rules I’ve heard yet, last weekend at our tourney. “Anything you can do in a fairway, you can do in a penalty area, except take an unplayable.” Boom, so simple.

Also, pretty cool PowerPoint that the associations are using for the new rules clinics. It’s long but informative.
https://www.carolinasgolf.org/2019rulesofgolfpowerpoint

Team BTFU For Life

Kmac

#HOF
Staff member
Love JT taking on the dumbasses at the USGA. FINALLY! Every single idiot at the USGA needs to go the retired life and move on. They’re about as clueless as an organization gets outside of the corrupt FIFA types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nature Boy Jlit

Staff member
So, I’ve finally watched the scenario they were talking about with a Tiger at 17 last week. DJRip was correct, he could’ve dropped 2 on the crosswalk and putted his 3rd back onto the green (or pitched toward the flag for that matter). And here’s why:

Under the old rules, one option for red or yellow stakes was to drop anywhere as far back in a straight line you wanted, keeping the drop inline with the flag and point of entry to the hazard. With the new penalty area rules, if you choose that option (either red or yellow, yellow in the case of 17 at Sawgrass), you get 1 club length left/right/back resulting in a semicircle to drop from. See photo. He could’ve dropped in the far right of that semicircle, had room for a stance, and been within the rules.

Team BTFU For Life

Wire1984

Great American Titty Hunter
So, I’ve finally watched the scenario they were talking about with a Tiger at 17 last week. DJRip was correct, he could’ve dropped 2 on the crosswalk and putted his 3rd back onto the green (or pitched toward the flag for that matter). And here’s why:

Under the old rules, one option for red or yellow stakes was to drop anywhere as far back in a straight line you wanted, keeping the drop inline with the flag and point of entry to the hazard. With the new penalty area rules, if you choose that option (either red or yellow, yellow in the case of 17 at Sawgrass), you get 1 club length left/right/back resulting in a semicircle to drop from. See photo. He could’ve dropped in the far right of that semicircle, had room for a stance, and been within the rules.

Team BTFU For Life
You don’t get this type of analysis anywhere else on the interweb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk