Boss Hog's LPGA Pro Am Live Update Thread sponsored by Adidas Boost

Boss Hog

#GetMyBall
Myself and 4 co-workers will be playing next Wednesday (June 21) in the LPGA NW Arkansas Championship Pro-Am event. Not sure yet who we are playing with. We've been a sponsor of this event for several years and it's been a mixed bag. Sometimes a Monday qualifier that is a complete unknown and sometimes a Major champ like So Yeon Ryu.

2 of the guys in my group are higher handicaps who don't play much at all. I'm off a 12 right now but trending down. The other guy is a low-single digit handicap and he played 3 years ago with So Yeon Ryu. Said he literally played the best golf of his entire life the 2 weeks after the Pro-Am just from watching how they navigate the course and their swing tempo.

We will be walking and a caddy will be driving my cart around the course. The tour pro will have her caddy out there to give us yardages and shoot the sh!t.

Anyhow, figured I'd open this thread so I can live update (assuming they let us take pictures and what not).

Boss Hog

#GetMyBall
And the welcome packet just arrived...

999d3ff0bc4c88c5611bd80832b6c247.jpg

Got a couple tickets so I'll be taking my 5 yr old daughter either Friday or Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boss Hog

#GetMyBall
I bet she'll love that. I need to get mine to an LPGA tourney.

She went with me last year. We were there for maybe 2 hours or so before she got tired and wanted to go home. Granted, it was a freaking scorcher that day. But we got to stand literally 2 feet from Michelle Wie and watch her tee off on #1. Saw Gerina Piller and her amazing boobs, Lydia Ko, Paula Creamer, Julie Inkster, etc.

I think this time we might take our folding chairs and find some shade to sit in for a little while by one of the greens. Even if it's only for a couple hours again that's fine with me.

RUSSS

BOING!
She went with me last year. We were there for maybe 2 hours or so before she got tired and wanted to go home. Granted, it was a freaking scorcher that day. But we got to stand literally 2 feet from Michelle Wie and watch her tee off on #1. Saw Gerina Piller and her amazing boobs, Lydia Ko, Paula Creamer, Julie Inkster, etc.

I think this time we might take our folding chairs and find some shade to sit in for a little while by one of the greens. Even if it's only for a couple hours again that's fine with me.
LPGA events are the best. At kingsmill we'd set up chairs between the first tee and the 9th green and watch everyone tee off or hit approach shots. Even watched Natalie gulpthis run into the most disgusting portapotty just to run out and use the next one over lol

Boss Hog

#GetMyBall
Just got home from the Pro Am dinner and that was super cool. We got there a few minutes before they opened the doors to the dining area. As we walked in Mariah Stackhouse was right next to me, Lydia Ko and Michelle Wie were next to my wife. I walk in and I was pretty giddy. Natalie Gulbis and Stacy Lewis were over by one of the bars. My wife and I were walking about checking out the food and ran into Paula Creamer. Just a cool experience.

They all pretty much kept to themselves, which I expected since they do this pretty much every single week. But nobody was bugging them either. I'm sure if anyone came up they'd be super cool, though.

Anyhow, my group is off #1 tomorrow at 1:30 PM with Karine Icher. She looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every single branch on the way down, but she's a hell of a golfer. Currently ranked 34th in the Rolex rankings and has earned over $5M in her career. This season she's only missed one cut and finished in 10th at the ANA Inspiration. So I guess I take some comfort in the fact she's a solid stick and could help us win tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 9.12.50 PM.png

She's got a pretty nice swing...