Esox Cup 2019: Dirty Myrtle

Reed

Bomb Thrower
You'll always be Number 1 in my heart, Seth.

Fellas, as always, I had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year. Hopefully, I'll see some of y'all before then but who knows. Thanks to Jlit for organizing all this sh!t. Dude doesn't get enough credit for organizing these things and corraling 16-24 crazy ass personalities and making it work pretty well for 4 or 5 days. So on behalf of Dan, thanks for all you do here Jlit. Also thanks to Sharky for fixing a feast for everyone to chew on last night and letting me hitch a ride to MB with him.

Safe travels to everyone hitting the road and the sky today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nature Boy Jlit

Staff member
The morning drive
c70da5637b7f58c143569a2b366d3187.jpg
c5d390343fda78b928fb0d7add4b1db5.jpg

Team BTFU For Life

President Gasman

Hi!
Staff member
Ill echo Reeds sentiments. For a guy who puts beans in his chili and believes the only way to eat seafood is fried, he aint half bad. This was my third EC with these knuckleheads and it was a blast once again, the accommodations went off without a hitch, unlike the “Hitch” Jlit pointed out in my swing when we were 3 up in our match on Friday that sent me into a tailspin. Thanks again for putting this together and I will see you next time!
#family#my-dogs-are-my-children

belbs

Bald Eagle
Team Dunn - Total 10/16pts
DZL W-W-L. = 2.0pts
Ginger 1 W-W-1/2 = 2.5pts
JLit. 1/2-W-W = 2.5pts
Reed. W-W-W = 3.0 pts
Spike. 1/2-L-L = 0.5pts
Dawg. 1/2-L-W = 1.5pts
Gas. 1/2-W-1/2 = 2.0pts

Team Kunze - Total 6/16pts
Recks. 1/2-L-L = 0.5 pts
Butters. L-W-L. = 1.0 pts
Biggsy. L-L-L. = 0.0 pts
Shark. L-L-1/2 = 0.5 pts
Belbs. L-W-W = 2.0 pts
Robbie. 1/2-L-W = 1.5 pts
Coach. 1/2-L-W = 1.5 pts
JLazy. /2-L-1/2 = 1.0 pts

We were largely dominated all weekend, great win Team Dunn!!! It was fun, had a blast, and see you boys next year hopefully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

belbs

Bald Eagle
Sitting here at the RDU airport waiting for my flight, and listening to a conference call (ugh), is making me reflect on this weekend:
The great
  1. Hanging out with all you guys - I feel closer to the crew here than I do to a lot of friends
  2. Experiences - you won't get a better value for the money than what we just had
  3. the "after hours" experiences - not going to type anything here on this, but loved every minute

The good
  1. Accommodations
    1. I thought there were great, I liked that everything was "included", but it would have been awesome if we could have been really close to each other.
    2. Loved the full kitchens - cooked the majority of our own dinners to save some $$$
  2. Golf
    1. The courses were beautiful, but were NOT resort courses - these were STUPID hard, especially the Sunday course with that wind.
    2. I think there was only 1 par 3 under 160 yards all weekend lol. Most were 180-225 yds - LONG!
  3. Competition
    1. Nobody likes to lose - but I love that most people don't care AT all about the competition side of it
  4. ChicBog - yes ChicBog - you had to be there

The ugly
  1. The beer cart girl on Thursday - very surly - just ask Dawg
  2. Apparently "because it is a par 5" is an acceptable answer to "Why is it so slow?"
  3. How in the F, can we possible have 2 gingers in the same group of 16 guys?
If any of you (except maybe Robbie - who is WAY WAY WAY too high strung) ever visit San Diego let me know - I'll buy you a beer. If you need another person for your group for Vegas, or Phoenix, or Palm Springs - give me a shout - I'll jump on a plane

Reed

Bomb Thrower
Shout out to Belbs for the Wednesday night accommodations in Raleigh, Shark for letting me hitch a ride to MB, and Butters and Belbs for getting me back to the airport today. All three are terrific gentleman with huge tallywackers.

I'll kind of wrap it up like Belbs did. The good and what could be better.

The Good -

The cost. For the dollar, I don't think you can beat this place and this deal. You add it all up, those of us that ate daily after rounds and nightly at the taverns in Pinehurst in the past, probably saved well over $200 on food costs alone.

Limited field. Jlit is aware and agrees, but 24 is too damn many people. 16 is pretty much the sweet spot. Not saying that if we're at 16 next year and 4 forum members want to join in, they can't. I think once we hit 16, you have to be a forum member to go. That way it doesn't come off all spread out and sh!t.

The courses. Running 810 golfers out on a Saturday? You'd think the conditions here would be absolutely dreadful. While the courses weren't memorable, they were pretty damn good and I'd have no issue playing all of them again.

The weather! Kmac really missed out! Having afternoon access to a pool was f**king nice too!

SW's knowledge of everything. I want him to make an app where no matter where I am, I can ask the app, "Danny, what the f**k is that?" and it answers me. I'm pretty sure if there is a fish, bird, insect, reptile, way to cook a meal, or vinereal symptom, he can tell you what it is. Was a real pleasure meeting and getting to know him this weekend.

The Bad -

There really is no legitimate gripes. Belbs touched on it, but we were a bit spread out. Not much we can do about that, but past accomodations blew these away, as we had more hanging out nights where everyone or more people were around.

Long Par 3's. Someone here needs to start a course design business and knock that f**king sh!t off.

I missed the alligators. Staples must have stole them all.

I played rounds with Jlit, SW, Fill In Ed, Butters, Shark, Jlazy, Biggsy, Seth and of course Gasman and enjoyed every second of every round. I love the sh!t out of you dudes and can't wait to do it again.

Nature Boy Jlit

Staff member
Dudes, I’m home, showered, unpacked, and as tired as kmac after a weekend bender in boystown. I appreciate all you guys giving up a weekend of your time to come and hang together, play some mediocre golf (no one even broke par this year!), and have a great time with an awesome group of friends. I’m already looking forward to next year.

Love to hear the feedback about this weekend, both good and bad. We’ve got a lot of decisions to make about next years EC, and that feedback is the only way we can make it better. I’d pay good money to hang and play a goat track with you dudes though.

Team BTFU For Life

damaikis

Thanks for a fun weekend y’all. We’re making the trek back from the Chicago airport now. Never been to one of these before this weekend, but the only thing I can think of to improve is the lodging/continuity. Not being close to everyone made after golf plans tough. It also could’ve been better if some asshole didn’t forget his wallet halfway across the country.

Belbs is right, Robbie is high-strung, but thanks for the inclusion- I know he had a lot of fun. As always, it’s a blast to play golf with you dudes. Even got to meet/play with some new ones this year, which was awesome. Big thanks for Shark, Seth, and Biggsy for driving us around all weekend. And of course thanks to JLit for the invite. Shouts to Hunter Renfrow for springing that conversation in the first place.

I’ll probably continue to be sparse around here, but I’m reachable if any of you come to Wisconsin in the next few months of your own free will for some reason. I’m hopeful that the move to Atlanta this summer will allow me to tee it up with a lot of you dudes more often.

-Ginger 1

Last edited:

Jdog

Bald Eagle
Wisconsin? What the f**k. How many of us assholes are on this forum? That’s like 30% of the forum if we count Esox too