Golfweek Am Tour

dan

Staff member
In NC only though. Everywhere else it's smaller. And they play the same dinger courses at HHI for Nationals each year.
The tour here is very comparable to the gc one. My buddy played them both last year and said they're both slow and start too late.

For Kmaximus

Staples

I have several buddies that play in the southeastern VA GW tour. The field is pretty large, but they play 6 hour rounds sometimes. I'd go nuts at a 6 hour round. The tournaments are a little cheaper, but slow golf and triple bogey max hurt it.

Nature Boy Jlit

Staff member
Here the fields are about identical, with some playing both since they're opposite weekends. Same courses, $10-15 cheaper, less payout and same skins setup. Once playing both, there's just no comparison to the professionalism. It's blue collar tourney vs white collar tourney, and there is not a thing wrong with that.

The guys here that went back to the GW like the fact Nationals are a 4 hour drive in HHI. But I'm the opposite. I can play those on vacation anytime, I can't play Innisbrook or PGA West or Mission Hills, etc. They like the fact that it's only $600 for 3 days, I don't mind GC being $800 for 4 days. Same price and $300-400 in swag where the other really has no swag. Again, I enjoy the polo and pullover and bag. I wear them and use it all the time, and think it's pretty awesome. They want cheaper tournaments. Neither is wrong.

butters

Bald Eagle
Here the fields are about identical, with some playing both since they're opposite weekends. Same courses, $10-15 cheaper, less payout and same skins setup. Once playing both, there's just no comparison to the professionalism. It's blue collar tourney vs white collar tourney, and there is not a thing wrong with that.

The guys here that went back to the GW like the fact Nationals are a 4 hour drive in HHI. But I'm the opposite. I can play those on vacation anytime, I can't play Innisbrook or PGA West or Mission Hills, etc. They like the fact that it's only $600 for 3 days, I don't mind GC being $800 for 4 days. Same price and $300-400 in swag where the other really has no swag. Again, I enjoy the polo and pullover and bag. I wear them and use it all the time, and think it's pretty awesome. They want cheaper tournaments. Neither is wrong.
Well you are elite. Most people don't get to play HHI on vacation. You're in a weird area where lot of people will just play in Charlotte or Atlanta tournaments.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk