Shaft Talk with Sometim

Joshzilla

Boner King
So Tensei White 70tx in the M5 was the clear winner.

Sometim(e) next week I am gonna try PX6.5 in the same iron head I'm playing to check the feel/flight difference. I would really like to have p760 irons, but I found out that TMag doesn't take swingweight requests...which is bullshit.

Joshzilla

Boner King
My dudes, based on my order I guess you might have figured I did the shaft test. PX kicked the sh!t out of Dynamic Gold. I hit PX, DG, DG120 and DG AMT. It was good to swing them all back to back. What I realized is that I need a firmer butt section (!!!) in order to feel where to stop my backswing. I get too long going back with all things DG and then I wind up hooking...sometimes pretty significantly. PX had much better timing. I was hitting the ball higher and straighter. My misses were a baby push that is still playable and will get me in way less trouble than a monster hook. Most importantly I've confirmed that a heavier swing weight is key to my transition. I just can't do it at D0.

Joshzilla

Boner King
So while I'm waiting for my G410 to get here, I beefed up the weight of my M5. I tried going with the Hzrdus Black 62g but I was kinda all over the place. Swapped back to the Tensei Pro White 70 and dispersion tightened up significantly. Also put my KK XT70 in a 917D2 and it was surprisingly good. If the AD DI doesn't work out in the Ping KK XT will be waiting.

Joshzilla

Boner King
So the KK XT70 is still really good while i wait on my driver.

Got my 3 wood yesterday. It’s fantastic. The DI-8x is probably giving me 260 in the air. Dunno if it’s the head or the shaft but left isn’t an issue. This combo is a power fade machine. I am glad I made this change. The irons with the PX in them just match up really well.