Sports Medicine: We're Old and Falling Apart

Chynky

Hall of Famer
Kids are with their mom. I'm relaxed and ready for Lebron to get f**ked in the ass

RUSSS

BOING!
I just realized that anything beyond 3 straight days of golf might be too much. I always thought if I had a chance I'd love to play everyday. My back just can't handle it. It just reaffirms that tour pros are athletes. I might also be way out of shape lol. Time for a chiropractor and a massage

JTV

Bald Eagle
Since I'm taking a break from golf due to my stupid wrist I decided to use this time to also lose some weight and get in better shape. I'm getting to old to keep eating poorly and drinking too much. Not to mention, it's really stupid of me to keep trying to get away with what I know better. I have to avoid sugar like the plague, which is not easy these days since they put it in just about everything. I already started by going back to LCHF and IF, which I already know work great for me. Lost about 8 lbs so far and feel better overall than I have in some time. I also plan to do some walking and, since I have probably lost some strength in my left arm already, some strength training as soon as I am able.

butters

Bald Eagle
Turns out I didn't injure my wrist after all, just a nice combination of gout and arthritis making it hurt all the time.
So what's the remedy?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JTV

Bald Eagle
So what's the remedy?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well I got a cortisone shot in it yesterday, which was really fun, I'm hoping that helps. A change in diet, which I'm well on my way with. Otherwise he said I have to wear the brace full time, try to use it as little as possible, and come back in a couple weeks. I'm pondering some sort of brace that I can play golf with, something like a modified bowling glove.

JTV

Bald Eagle
I forgot to mention strength training for my wrists/forearms, when I can.

threshold350

resident dickhead
Well I got a cortisone shot in it yesterday, which was really fun, I'm hoping that helps. A change in diet, which I'm well on my way with. Otherwise he said I have to wear the brace full time, try to use it as little as possible, and come back in a couple weeks. I'm pondering some sort of brace that I can play golf with, something like a modified bowling glove.
Gout sucks. My uncle's get it from too much red meat, salt, and beer.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

JTV

Bald Eagle
My wrist is starting to get better now, finally. I even took a few practice swings this past weekend, but they did cause some discomfort so it's still too soon for that I guess.

RUSSS

BOING!
My wrist is starting to get better now, finally. I even took a few practice swings this past weekend, but they did cause some discomfort so it's still too soon for that I guess.
You'll be the best putter on the planet by the time you can swing a golf club

Coolbreeze

GTG BABY!
Staff member
Took some practice swings again today with no real negative affects, a little discomfort, but it's not hurting afterwards. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.
Glad to hear there is improvement. Hopefully you can get better soon. I've heard great things about inflammation reduction if you remove all carbs and get your body into a state of ketosis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTV