Taylormade P790 & P730 Irons

threshold350

resident dickhead
I agree with how easy they are to hit, you'd think I could hit more greens even.
Even with my swing issue, they were easy to hit and found forgiveness to be better than I thought they would be based on the looks. Looks like a blade but easy to hit like a cavity back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kmac

#HOF
Staff member
Ken for your drone cam lesson can you inquire about random dents mid round? Like wtf does that come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomahawk

Finally played a couple of rounds with these. 77, 81 last week. They are different than what I am used to, (714 ap2 or 588cb), and certainly longer. The feel is there, but it is different type of feel. One thing is for sure, the long irons are long! I hit the 3i over 230 multiple times and the 4i is my 215-220 club. One concern so far is the potential for an occasional nuke, which I am not used to with the forged cb’s I’ve been playing.

butters

Bald Eagle
Finally played a couple of rounds with these. 77, 81 last week. They are different than what I am used to, (714 ap2 or 588cb), and certainly longer. The feel is there, but it is different type of feel. One thing is for sure, the long irons are long! I hit the 3i over 230 multiple times and the 4i is my 215-220 club. One concern so far is the potential for an occasional nuke, which I am not used to with the forged cb’s I’ve been playing.

I bet the nukes come from the spin being so low. That stuff scares me. I don't want to have to worry about that in an iron. Can kill a round.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tomahawk

I bet the nukes come from the spin being so low. That stuff scares me. I don't want to have to worry about that in an iron. Can kill a round.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Could be. I am not scared of it yet, because the only nuke I have really had was with the 3 iron, and off the tee. Not many times hitting it 245 instead of 230 is really going to hurt me a ton. Not enough data to really know yet.

Chynky

Hall of Famer
Anyone other than Tomahawk seeing fliers? I play quite a few courses with water and would not want that in the back of my head