Taylormade P790TI

Boss Hog

#GetMyBall
It looks like TM isn't going to lay down and watch Callaway steal all their glory in this power lofted iron race. At the affordable price of $2700 for a 7 pc set you can get your hands on the new P790TI irons. They're made from a Titanium body, which helps reduce a significant amount of weight from the club head. So TM took that weight and dropped in a massive tungsten weight to lower the CG. Oh and don't forget about the Speedfoam. It's still very much present inside each club head to help with feel and sound.

upload_2019-8-13_14-33-49.png

upload_2019-8-13_14-38-45.png

Personally, I don't think they're the worst looking irons in the world. However, this race to see how much we can charge customers for a set of golf clubs has become ridiculous

Additionally, the lofts are...um...insane in these clubs (to put it mildly).

upload_2019-8-13_14-39-32.png

No, that's not a typo. That's a 28.5 degree 7 iron guys! Most of us call that a 5 iron but you do you, Taylormade.

I played several rounds with the P790 and they were nice. That said, never in a million years would I have imagined we'd see the day when a $2700 set of irons sat on a shelf at a golf shop near you.

What do you guys think?

JTV

Bald Eagle
I don't what people spend on their equipment. The only issue I see is that it seems to raise the price bar on all clubs. That part sucks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk