Virginia

MuzzleBlastMD

I’m a Navy veteran of 14 years (physician). I used to play from 2006-2011. I moved away from my last duty station where my friends loved to play. Since then I have only played one time. I got into other hobbies, setting up a shooting range in the backyard.
a5b7f1f45caf9cfa266da5e29903b128.jpg

07439430648ebe7ba6ea63c973c78bdb.jpg

But my father in law passed away. He had hotels around Augusta. He loved the game, and his funeral attire was his favorite Masters windbreaker.

I decided to get back into the hobby. I know it’s a tough game to take casually.
2f5e148a69820563022ec6720fd971f3.jpg

I’ve been putting and chipping in the basement. I have gone to the driving range trying to get the groove back into the swinging. Right now, I just take 3 clubs to the driving range: LW, 9i and 7i.

I’ll slowly work my way up through irons, the woods and then maybe, the driver. I know being able to chip, pitch, and putt are important, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

President Gasman

Hi!
Staff member
Welcome!!!! Thats a sweet little set up you have there. I wish we had basements on the West Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTV

Bald Eagle
Welcome! My SIL is in the Navy stationed near Va Beach. Nice set ups also, guns and golf.

Kmac

#HOF
Staff member
I’ve seen your YouTube videos shooting guns! I know that shooting range!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Kmac

#HOF
Staff member
What can you guys tell me aboot these courses.

Red wing (boing?)
Virginia Beach national
Signature at west neck
Honey bee

Go!

RUSSS

BOING!
What can you guys tell me aboot these courses.

Red wing (boing?)
Virginia Beach national
Signature at west neck
Honey bee

Go!

Those are my local courses and I used to work at Redwing.
Redwing is flat but it’s the only course 2 minutes from the beach that isn’t private. No houses lining the course and lots of water. Really long. One par 3 is stupid from the tips like 235 or some crap. It’s cheap but that also makes it insanely crowded with slow play

VB National used to be TPC Virginia Beach. Love that course but it’s another long layout.

The signature is a Palmer course and it’s my fave here. JTV and I played it when he visited. It’s the course I take friends from out of town to. You don’t wanna play the course I take people I don’t really like lol

Honeybee used to be okay but I hate playing it. It’s in a neighborhood where every shot a house/apartment is in play. Lots of holes are next to busy streets and dickbags always yell fore when they drive past

Heron ridge is one you didn’t mention. It’s a Fred couples course and it’s in the same area as national and signature. They’re literally all within 5 minutes of each other.

If you’re coming this way my absolute favorite is Bay Creek on the eastern shore. It’s a Palmer on one side and Nicklaus on the other and it’s usually wide open

Kmac

#HOF
Staff member
Those are my local courses and I used to work at Redwing.
Redwing is flat but it’s the only course 2 minutes from the beach that isn’t private. No houses lining the course and lots of water. Really long. One par 3 is stupid from the tips like 235 or some crap. It’s cheap but that also makes it insanely crowded with slow play

VB National used to be TPC Virginia Beach. Love that course but it’s another long layout.

The signature is a Palmer course and it’s my fave here. JTV and I played it when he visited. It’s the course I take friends from out of town to. You don’t wanna play the course I take people I don’t really like lol

Honeybee used to be okay but I hate playing it. It’s in a neighborhood where every shot a house/apartment is in play. Lots of holes are next to busy streets and dickbags always yell fore when they drive past

Heron ridge is one you didn’t mention. It’s a Fred couples course and it’s in the same area as national and signature. They’re literally all within 5 minutes of each other.

If you’re coming this way my absolute favorite is Bay Creek on the eastern shore. It’s a Palmer on one side and Nicklaus on the other and it’s usually wide open

Good info, thanks. It’s a package one of the dudes got so it’s those courses

RUSSS

BOING!
Good info, thanks. It’s a package one of the dudes got so it’s those courses

If you’re getting in on that package Be prepared to spend 4 hours on the course at Redwing before you reach the turn lol.
I’d play honeybee first since it’s the sh!ttiest course. Literally. Goose shot everywhere.
Save VB National and signature for last cuz they’re the top of that list... unless it’s rained then National turns into a swamp

Kmac

#HOF
Staff member
If you’re getting in on that package Be prepared to spend 4 hours on the course at Redwing before you reach the turn lol.
I’d play honeybee first since it’s the sh!ttiest course. Literally. Goose shot everywhere.
Save VB National and signature for last cuz they’re the top of that list... unless it’s rained then National turns into a swamp

No choice on that either. We’re set up for days and times by the package. We play in that order I listed them. Seems they always throw in a turd or three.