What's your biggest regret when it comes to golf in general?

JTV

Bald Eagle
For sure mine is not taking up golf when I was younger, I didn't really get bit by the bug until I was 20. I wish I would have started way before that, when my late dad, who was an amazing golfer to me, was playing all the time. I screwed around with it sometimes when I was younger, but it didn't really stick. When I did pick up the game he tried to help, but I was a dumbass, would get angry and didn't want to listen, couldn't understand what was likely golden advice.

My dad was the kind of gifted golfer that picked up the game and was a scratch to plus cap in about 2 years. I never saw him shoot more than an 82, even in later years when he was only playing s few times year. He thrived on competition, which I didn't really give him. When he played with someone better, he would instantly drop down to low 70's . He was career military, but was on some sort of army golf team and got to travel and play in dozens of countries overseas as part of that. I remember when he shot a 69 the first day of a tournament, was the clubhouse leader, celebrated too much that night, played hungover the next day and still got 2nd. He was an amazing golfer , and man in general.

So, anyway, I wish I would have taken advantage of that when I was younger. I'm sure my game would be much different.

President Gasman

Hi!
Staff member
I think mine would be not taking up the game sooner as well. I had chances to but never took anybody up on it, I finally started playing when I was 17 or 18 as something fun to do while we were wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTV

Reed

Bomb Thrower
I had a bet with an ex that if I made an ace on one of the Par 3's at my home course, while she rode along, I'd get some poon right there on the course. I regret not ever making an ace.

I also regret not taking up the game sooner.

Nature Boy Jlit

Staff member
Sounds like the consensus is we're late bloomers and regret it. I didn't give it a shot til my senior year of high school. No one in my family played, or I'm sure I would've gave it a shot sooner.

Reed

Bomb Thrower
I was always too busy playing baseball and basketball. I didn't start swinging a club until I was about 14. And by 16, I had discovered pussy, alcohol and pot, and couldn't care less about golf.

threshold350

resident dickhead
I was an over achiever who took golf granted at a young age. I started when I was 7 or 8. Went to the range with S.A.M. but would get frustrated with S.A.M. since I couldn't apply his instructions to the results I wanted. When I got to high school, I started to take it more serious and was on the golf team. Then I got a girlfriend and my high school golf career started to nose dive. Women!

S.A.M. always told me to focus on golf, get really good to make it on tour, the women will be there waiting. That is my biggest regret not taking that advice seriously.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

RUSSS

BOING!
A ton of my relatives play and every house my parents owned was on a course. Brother and a bunch of cousins are country club members. We also have lived close to the beach my entire life. My choices were chicks in bikinis or old farts on the course. I chose the beach and became a serious surfer that almost went pro. Youngest brother chose golf and never stopped. Maybe that's why he can still hit the ball a mile and is a strong 3hcp. Basically the beach and the course was our babysitter.
My regret is abandoning the game middle school through high school while my brother and cousins got better at it.

RUSSS

BOING!
image.png

Kylo Ren

Love me Casual Golf
I took up golf too early in life. Started at 8 years old. Just a spit away from 4 decades of solid avid golf for the most part. At least 2 plus decades of 18 to 36 plus holes 5 plus days a week.Missed out on a ton of family events because of golf. I really really regret that now

butters

Bald Eagle
Damn, you guys started young. Didn't play more than once a year until about 7 years ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dent

Phil
Never getting fitted for my bag. Now I'm constantly f**king around and getting nowhere.

I started golf when I was 7 years old as well, during my university days one of my golf buddys hired some talent agency to find him a cheap college to go to in the states for the experience and to play college golf, it was lower level in Iowa but I wish I would have went on some sort of route like that just for the competitive golf opportunity and the atmosphere of college.

Joshzilla

Boner King
I too took up the game late. I think I was maybe 29. My dad always played and I thought it was for old guys so I played in punk bands instead.

My real regret is obsessing over everything instead of just enjoying the game.